The Management Unit
The Management Unit (MU) is entrusted with primary responsibility for day-to-day management and operation of the Fund. The MU operates under the overall direction of the Director General, assisted by the Chief Operations Officer.
Duties of the Management Unit:
- Developing well-defined operational guidelines, strategies, and procedures to conduct and monitor the Syria Recovery Trust Fund process and operations.
- Applying eligibility criteria and operational guidelines for proposal development.
- Vetting proposals to ensure that the Implementing Entities and projects do not involve ineligible entities, people, or substances.
- Assessing project proposals, requests for projects, and assist to develop them into programmatic realities.
- Overseeing procurement of supplies, works and services by the Implementing Entities (IEs) and – when necessary – provide assistance to the IE in conducting procurement.
- Obtaining MC approval on project proposals.
- Submitting disbursement requests according to respective Financing Agreement or Supply and Services Contract.
- Monitoring implementation of approved projects and reassess implementation, if status on the ground changes.
- Providing financial and operational updates to the MC and other stakeholders.
- Financial management according to recognized international standards.
Re-establishment of Seed Production and Multiplication Programme in Aleppo, Idleb, and Hama Governorates